- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil*
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease, coconut oil, chicken fat, or any other fat that will solidify at room temperature, melted
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, and oil in a bowl. Add in baking soda and whole wheat flour. Stir until a stiff dough forms. Knead dough or mix just until flour is incorporated.
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin and use a cookie cutter to cut out dog bone shapes, or just bake into little circles like cookies. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the bacon grease and peanut butter until very smooth. Drizzle over the treats and cool till glaze hardens (it does best in the fridge or freezer).
We just used a basic canola oil, but we also use coconut oil for fur/skin, and I think coconut oil would work nicely here. You can also use coconut oil in place of the bacon grease in the glaze, but, I mean, come on. It’s bacon grease. SO YUMMY.
Thank you to the readers who have mentioned the issue with using bacon fat for dogs. A trace amount of bacon grease (two tablespoons divided amongst 30 biscuits = less than 1 gram of bacon fat per serving) shouldn’t be a concern. Of course, we’re not veterinarians over here, so please check with your vet or use an alternative type of oil if you are concerned.
Merry Christmas, dog friends of the internet! Maisey wishes you lots of warmth and snuggles.
This TikTok Of A Dog Sitting In A Boat Made Of White Claw Boxes And Cans Is Incredible
After months of spending time only at home, people are finally revealing their finest quarantine projects. For some, tha
Are Dog Owners Healthier People?
Humans benefited from the protection, warmth, sense of smell and acute hearing that came with dog companionship. Here ar
Dog delivers groceries to quarantined neighbor
A golden retriever in Colorado is helping his elderly neighbor practice social distancing by picking up her shopping lis