- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil*
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease, coconut oil, chicken fat, or any other fat that will solidify at room temperature, melted
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, and oil in a bowl. Add in baking soda and whole wheat flour. Stir until a stiff dough forms. Knead dough or mix just until flour is incorporated.
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin and use a cookie cutter to cut out dog bone shapes, or just bake into little circles like cookies. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the bacon grease and peanut butter until very smooth. Drizzle over the treats and cool till glaze hardens (it does best in the fridge or freezer).
We just used a basic canola oil, but we also use coconut oil for fur/skin, and I think coconut oil would work nicely here. You can also use coconut oil in place of the bacon grease in the glaze, but, I mean, come on. It’s bacon grease. SO YUMMY.
Thank you to the readers who have mentioned the issue with using bacon fat for dogs. A trace amount of bacon grease (two tablespoons divided amongst 30 biscuits = less than 1 gram of bacon fat per serving) shouldn’t be a concern. Of course, we’re not veterinarians over here, so please check with your vet or use an alternative type of oil if you are concerned.
Merry Christmas, dog friends of the internet! Maisey wishes you lots of warmth and snuggles.
Meet Norman, The Adorable Pomeranian-Husky Mix The Internet Has Fallen In Love With
Once again, the internet has fallen in love with a cute dog, and it couldn’t be otherwise, since the dog is a Pomeranian
Koha Brand Pet Foods, And Why You Should Feed Them!
Have You Been Looking For a Food For Your Pet With a Sensitive Stomach? Are You Trying To Help Your Dog Or Cat Gain Some
4 Ways to De-Stress Your Cat’s Visit to the Groomer
Housecats are homebodies. It’s in their name, after all. Even if you’re parent to a cat that will venture out of doors,